So here we are in July, making it over a full month since I blogged. I did some looking, and June 2017 is actually the only month since having my blog that I haven’t written. That’s life…sometimes you blog, and sometimes you don’t.
Now, as my fingers are furiously typing, it feels like it does when you get back on a bike…you never really forgot how to do it, but you forgot how exciting it was to get back to it. Here’s my last month.
- Roommate! Over Memorial Day Weekend, my friend Savanah moved her stuff into my house, because she’s going to be my new roomie! She’s going to Washburn University for nursing in August, and I had a spare bedroom, so it fit. We’ve known each other for years, and I can’t wait to grow our friendship even more 🙂
- Binging. I have a weakness for TV. While I haven’t read hardly anything in about two months, I have watched three seasons of Younger (Team Josh), and I’m almost a full season through Smallville. I can’t help it.
- Work. Summer is a major busy time of year for me at work. Late June brought Country Stampede, a three day music festival in Manhattan that I work at (I was actually there for five days). Mid-July brings another five day event that I coordinate our presence at. Mid-August it slows down a little bit.
- Dad’s Retirement. My dad retired from 30 years of teaching & coaching, and we celebrated in style. Mom, Chance, & I spent a few months planning a party and his major surprise. We surprised him with Chiefs season tickets, parking, & everything he could ever need for tailgating. The party was the best, and it was such a good afternoon to celebrate the best man I know.
- Running & more weight loss. Due to the aforementioned Country Stampede and retirement party, my weight journey has been more one of weight maintenance than weight loss. I’m down to 207 which is only two pounds less than the last time I blogged and still seven away from first goal weight, but honestly, I’m okay with that. I was able to maintain my weight over that three week period of not paying attention to my calories, so I’m just glad I didn’t gain any weight. My 5K training is going really well, and I’ve posted from our station website a little bit of that. Here’s some posts about staying motivated, my favorite fitness apps, done in 60 seconds, & my running playlist.
So there you go. That’s what I’ve done over the last month of not blogging. It’s been a busy month, but a fun one. I’ve missed that familiar feeling of writing, though, so it’ll be my goal not to wait another month to blog again.