Oh. My. Good. Grief. That’s pretty much my four word reaction to all things Royal Wedding.
As you all know from being alive in this the year of our Lord 2018, HRH Prince Henry (lots of middle names here) of Wales and Rachel Meghan Markle became the Duke & Duchess of Sussex this past Saturday May 19, 2018. And I was HERE. FOR. IT. Well….kind of. What actually happened is that I definitely slept through the live coverage, and watched it Saturday night on Hulu. Sorry not sorry.
BUT when I finally did get around to watching it that night, I was HERE. FOR IT. I laughed, I cried, I fell asleep (not lying), I laughed, I cried some more. You guys, it was the picture perfect D.R.E.A.M. of a wedding.
My highlights of the big day are best summarized in what else? A list. Because it’s me. And I love lists.
- Harry & Meghan as a couple. Did you SEE the way they looked at each other? Go back and look at her face when he pulls back her veil. I can’t.
- THE DRESS. She looked like Julie Andrews in The Sound of Music, and when she got out of the car, I pretty much lost it.
- Meghan Markle’s mother. You guys, this woman is the epitome of strength. Can you imagine the thoughts and the pride running through her veins through this whole ceremony? A.Ma.Zing.
- Kate & The Queen. Um, it’s Kate & The Queen. Enough said.
- The bouquet. It included hand picked flowers that Harry picked THAT DAY. What is this life.
- The preacher. I was LIVING for the reactions of the folks who just did not know how to react.
- Speaking of reacting…Kalen Reacts. See video below. I have watched it over and over and I still bust a gut laughing every time.
Basically, the wedding simultaneously had me falling in love with love AND lamenting my future love life all at the same time. CAN I BE BRITISH NOW?