I haven’t written in months. Literally, it’s been over a month since my last blog post. July must be the month because I’m pretty sure I didn’t blog last July either. But at least I still have my blog? Anyway, I’m writing now, and honestly I’m just going to start typing and see what comes out, considering I just looked at my 17 draft posts and decided not to continue with any of those (including one I planned to write in May and one I planned to write July 1). So, after this long obnoxious paragraph about not writing paragraphs, here’s some things that are going through my head.
- I decided not to continue with my exercise every day plan because I found out that it made me lazier, not more motivated. I’ve run more in the last two weeks than I think I did the whole month of July.
- Speaking of, I’m 6 5Ks in on the year, with 7 coming up on Saturday and 8 the Saturday after.
- I have found out I don’t actually completely dislike weightlifting.
- I have also found I don’t actually completely like dating someone who lives two+ hours away.
- Yes, there’s a story behind the bullet point right before this one, and no, I’m not going to tell that story yet – but I will say that the person in the story makes me smile 🙂
- I went hiking over Memorial Day weekend, 8+ miles on day one and 7+ miles on day two, and never knew I could love hiking so much or feel so empowered by nature. I also never knew one could come so close a deer and not faint of fright.
- I think the show The Bold Type needs to be watched by every 20-something female who’s ever struggled with anything in her life.
- Speaking of TV, I am so Team Blake for The Bachelorette finale on Monday but I’m pretty sure she’s going to pick Garrett, and if it weren’t for aforementioned two+ hour a way person, I would be applying for casting SO FAST if Jason is the next Bachelor.
- The diet has been real hit and miss this year (mostly miss), but I am finally somewhat back on track. Or at least I feel better about looking in the mirror than I did a couple months ago.
- The new job is going most excellently. I truly enjoy what I do, the atmosphere and coworkers are wonderful, and the work-life balance is so much healthier than what I had before.
- God continues to give me exactly what I need exactly when I need it.
- I’ve started getting my nails done every two weeks. I love them, and they look so much more professional. Self-care, friends. It’s important.
There you have it. A life update when I swore I wasn’t going to write a life update because it’s all I ever write. Oh well. Now I’m off to finish watching The Parent Trap since the 20th anniversary was on Monday and I’m celebrating by watching it, gawking at my first ever dad crush Dennis Quaid, and BAWLING when Hallie meets her mom for the first time. Ugh. I can’t. Until next time, friends.